Tax represents a significant cost to any business or individual. At RPA we work closely with our clients to proactively manage this cost – so our clients pay no more tax than necessary.
We regularly provide bespoke tax planning advice in the following areas:
- Tax Efficient Remuneration Planning – potential of salary + dividends for company shareholder directors for instance.
- Property Related Tax Issues – to take into account overall annual income, implications for multiple residential property owners, buy to let landlords.
- Availability of Reliefs – Loan Interest Reliefs, Business Property Relief, Capital Allowances on business assets including the recently announced ‘Super-Deduction’
- Capital Gains Tax Planning – concerning disposals of assets or gifting, CGT rates, exemptions & annual allowance.
- Profit Extraction – from implementation of company pension contributions to reduce corporation tax to the use of dividend payments and Directors Current Accounts.
- Partnership & Sole Trader Tax Planning – once we have an indication of your financial objectives and requirements over the next year we can advise accordingly.
- Corporation Tax Planning – we can advise on the beneficial tax opportunities and tax mitigation against future liabilities, complete and file company tax returns and correspond with HMRC on your behalf.
- Retirement Strategies – from succession planning to sale of business and the various tax implications including the use of Business Asset Disposal Relief (formerly known as Entrepreneur’s Relief).
- Research & Development – for companies engaged in research or process improvements we can check if the associated expenditure qualifies for R&D Relief.
- Income Tax – for individuals and tactics such as to rearrange income producing assets to use up the lower tax band, contributing to a pension for high earners, use of the transfer of the Marriage Allowance, transfer of assets between couples.
- Inheritance Tax Planning – to maximise the usage of tax allowances, reliefs and incentives to you and your partner/spouse.
- Tax Investigation – Markel Tax are our preferred partner offering Fee Protection Insurance and advice concerning Legal, HR and Health & Safety issues.